View Single Post
Old
09-13-2011, 02:06 AM
Royal Canuck
#Shinkaruk4Calder

vCash: 50
My Canucks Prospect Line-up

Hey guys, so judging by the Young Stars tournament and what i've researched on these guys, If I was Mike Gillis, this is what my starting Line-up would be for the prospects :

Archibald - Schroeder - Jensen
Anthony - Longpre - Tochkin
Sweatt - Friesen - Lessard
Roussel - Harrison - Rodin

Sauve - Erixon
Connauton - Polasek
Zanetti - Corrado

St. Laurent
Honzik

So my 1st line is made up of the highest skilled players on this roster IMO. Archibald put up 37pts in 36gms with Niagra (OHL) last year, Schroeder showed maturity and kept up with Manitoba (AHL) and Nicklas Jensen was Vancouver's 1st round pick this year and put up 58 points in his rookie season with Oshawa (OHL). My 2nd line consists of lots of speed. with Nathan Longpre centering a good two way forward in Steven Anthony and a chippy hard working Kellan Tochkin, this line could do some serious damage. My 3nd line adds some Experience and some young guns. Sweatt is the oldest player on the roster, (born in '88) and brings a bit more experience to the table, both Friesen and Lessard are a bit young but with Sweatt alongside them they should make more mature plays. I have put Yann Sauve on my 1st defensive pair with Swedish D man Sebastian Erixon. There was once a time that Yann Sauve and Drew Doughty were closely related skill wise, (believe it or not) and I think pairing him up with a skilled Erixon should give him a boost skill wise. I put Kevin Connauton with Czech Defenseman Adam Polasek, Polasek has fit in really well so far at the Young Stars tourney and he also showed he could fight by dropping Edmonton tough guy Colton Teubert. and even if Karel St. Laurent is on a tryout contract, he looks really good around the posts and with point on shots. Let me know what you guys think.