: Post-Game Talk:
Who do you guys think is standing out after these first two games
View Single Post
09-13-2011, 02:51 AM
Sent to HF Minors
Join Date: May 2007
Originally Posted by
In the next year or two I expect we'll see the departures of Avery, Christensen, Fedotenko and possibly Wolski, MZA. We'll know about Weise and have a better idea about how Hagelin fits in. I see Kreider in the Rangers plans ahead of both Miller and Hagelin. And ahead of Thomas. Other prospects in the mix should be Yogan, Fasth, Bourque (if he can stay healthy) and Lindberg. Fogarty possibly further down the road. These are all potentially core players. McColgan might be in there as well.
After the next year, this will happen:
1) MZA or Wolski will leave. Maybe both of them, but then the Rangers will sign a winger. Hopefully Parise will be available.
2) Christ, Feds and Avery will open up 3 forward spots. One will go to Hagelin. One will likely go to Weise, who will likely be our #13 forward in 2012-13. And the last one will be up for grabs for guys like Thomas, Bourque and Kreider.
3) Eminger will likely leave, to be replaced by one of the kids like Del Zotto, Valentenko, Kundratek, Parlett.
Unless Parise is signed or another star is acquired, their cap hit is bound to go down as vets are replaced by kids.
Then during the 2012-13 season, some time between the All Star break and the trading deadline:
1) If McIlrath emerges, Girardi may be traded to clear some cap space, as well as to help the team acquire a forward.
2) I can really see McDonagh getting traded. Staal is the franchise defenseman. Sauer and Girardi play the right side. If both Del Zotto and Erixon emerge as quality left defensemen, the Rangers may well trade McDonagh.
3) Either way, look for some kind of a 2-for-1 or 3-for-1 trade during the 2012-13 season.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Beacon