View Single Post
Old
09-13-2011, 04:32 AM
Superstar Carwash

vCash: 500
First off, I'd like to say the the blog post was really good.

Second, I don't believe that Torts has him written off as a 3rd-liner that won't make a consistent top6 forward cause of his size, but I do believe that Torts got some questions and MZA will have to come in to camp with the mindset that Boyle had last season, the "there's no chance in hell you're sending me to AHL" mindset.

If he does that, and if he wins Torts over, I think he will suprise a lot of people this year. He put up good numbers last year, and even though he faltered a bit to the end of the season that's not really suprising seeing as it was his first year in the NHL, and he's also spending time in AHL where all travel there probably took its toll.

He's been putting up good numbers in the SEL, arguably the best, or second best league in the world behind NHL and perhaps KHL. Granted, the size of the rink is different, and the style of play is different, but remember that he also put up good numbers in the Olympics playing for a very mediocre Norway.

Maybe I'm just biased cause he's nordic and cause I just love when someone faces adversity and proves everyone wrong, but I really believe that this guy can be a top6 forward in the league, without a doubt.

Superstar Carwash is offline   Reply With Quote