Thread: News Article: The Evolution of the Carter trade
View Single Post
Old
09-13-2011, 10:58 AM
FlyersFocus
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Hey guys, Charlie O'Connor here.

Thanks for reading my blog post. After reading through the thread, I did want to clear a few things up.

First, I personally supported keeping Jeff Carter, so I certainly didn't mean to insinuate that I have pegged him as a lazy player with character issues. However, many fans did have that opinion of Carter, so I mentioned it in the piece.

Second, I did not mean this to be a journalistic piece meant for publication - it's a blog post. I attempted to cite all relevant information, but that's because I feel that if blogs want respect, they should hold themselves to high standards. I wasn't writing with the intention of masquerading as a true journalist.

Third, with regards to the purpose of the piece: this was a post trying to piece together all of the rumors, that in retrospect, appear related to the Jeff Carter trade. I felt like these connections had not been made by anyone thus far in the analysis following the trade, and I found the information interesting.

Hopefully this clarifies some of the comments regarding the post. Again, thanks for reading, guys.

FlyersFocus is offline   Reply With Quote