View Single Post
Old
09-13-2011, 11:23 AM
The Hobgoblin

vCash: 500
Another crime by the A$G. We didn't even get a lame duck season to say farewell to our players and let them know the FANS didn't let them down. It was the deadbeat owners.

I have no idea what I'm going to do for hockey now. My local team in Columbus, Ga. is in the SPHL which is like Single A hockey. I personally don't want an AHL team in Atlanta. The only thing I want is the NHL. You don't get to see the best of the best and spend thousands of dollars over years to be told "Sorry, not for you, thanks for the money and here's a middle finger to you and your family" and accept some minor league team.

I still have the Blackhawks from when the Flames left when I was a kid and picked them to follow but it isn't the same. We Thrasher fans don't even have a legacy board on this site to commiserate. Instead we have the Canes and Preds already fighting over whose going to get the Thrasher television market and fans.

How exactly am I as a fan supposed to go from hating the Canes and not having any real attachment to the Preds to being a die hard fan for either? If I go to these games with the former Thrashers just to act like the bitter, angry fan I really am how does that help these other teams? The A$G sure as hell doesn't care.

So do I show up and let my feelings be known so some tv commentator can mention "hey look former Thrasher fans here, poor guys" and the people around get tired of "sign guy"? Ugh. It is a lose/lose situation. Thanks again NHL.

The Hobgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote