View Single Post
Old
09-13-2011, 12:39 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
Rangers' core ready to contend for Cup

Craig Custance. ESPN.com Insider spoke to the Rangers brass

Love the quote by Jim Schoenfeld in the preview part of the article. Villagers protecting their turf against the mercenaries.

Custance also spoke with Dean Lombardi about Brad Richards

Lombardi was a scout for Philly in 2004 when TB beat Philly in the east finals. He wanted to sign Richards this summer after acquiring Mike Richards.

Quote:
"He's the one who beat us, and I never forgot that," Lombardi said. "The biggest compliment you can give a guy is when you're watching him play your team, it's, 'Man, I hate this guy. He's so fricking good. He's killing us.'"
Custance also spoke to Jeff Gorton

Quote:
The Rangers' Stanley Cup window could end up extending longer than that of other contenders. Rangers assistant GM Jeff Gorton doesn't get enough credit for helping assemble the Stanley Cup-winning talent in Boston, including the drafting of Milan Lucic, Brad Marchand, David Krejci and Phil Kessel. Since joining the Rangers in 2007, he's helped bring in another wave of young talent including Stepan and prospects Chris Kreider, Dylan McIlrath and J.T. Miller.

"If you're drafting well and you keep bringing in blue-chip players, I believe you can always jump back and forth between your windows," Gorton said. "I like to think that a lot of our young players are blossoming into pretty good players. They're the kind of guys you can win with."
http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/blog?...aig&id=6964877

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote