View Single Post
Old
09-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Gauthier needlessly spent an asset acquiring Dominic Moore, who was a late October signing and could have been added for nothing.
This is the second time you say this. I let it go the first time because I didn't see the point in responding to a useless comment made only to bash PG, but I'm bored now so what the heck.
PG was not the GM in October, it was Gainey. So no, he didn't needlessly give up an asset (a 2nd round pick, not a huge asset) for a player he could have signed earlier seeing how he wasn't the one making the decisions.
For all we know, Gauthier could have advised Gainey to sign Moore back in October.

But hey, ''gnagnagna Gauthier sucks gnagnagna...''

Quote:
Gauthier traded away O'Byrne at almost the precise moment his value as an inexpensive NHL-ready depth player was needed.
Gauthier traded away a defenseman when we already had 8 on the active roster, with another one knocking at the door in Weber.
Unfortunately, the game after he made this trade, we lost Markov, and not too long after, Gorges.
But did you forget that we got Bournival in return??? Are you not pleased with this prospect?

So, in one trade, you blame Gauthier for not signing an UFA and then giving up an asset for him at the deadline (although he wasn't the GM in October..), in the other trade you say he traded away O'Byrne when his value was needed despite him being the 7-8th D and not even outplaying Picard. You also don't mention the fact Gauthier got a good prospect in return. Awesome.

Quote:
See where I am going with this. With a modicum of forethought (notice I didn't say foresight) the team would have been in an equal or better situation and would probably still have 2 assets in the fold.
Well, we got an asset in return for O'Byrne, so you should have said we could have still had our 2nd round pick (boohoo), but as I said, he wasn't the GM during summer 09. He became the GM on February 8th 2010, Dominic Moore signed with the Panthers October 4th 2009. You need to look at a calender to see which date is ahead of the other??
Also, getting Moore at the deadline, 3days after becoming the official GM, proved to be very helpful. I would trade away a 2nd round pick for a Conference Final run any day of the week. But hey, keeping whining about the signing he could have made as an Assistant, we all know Assistant sign players all the time..

Quote:
I am not holding my breath for a shoring up of the depth on the roster .
Don't hold your breath, but maybe you should get a clue.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote