View Single Post
Old
09-13-2011, 11:10 PM
Zodiac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
Why are some posters so whiny about the cost of Xbox Live? Is it because they don't own an Xbox 360?

5 dollars a month for Xbox Live is HARDLY excessive... My 9 year old cousin can afford Xbox Live with his freakin' allowance. Give me a break.

It always gives me a chuckle when posters exaggerate the "terrible costliness" of Xbox Live.
it bugs me because microsoft are the only ones doing it right now, yet so many people are willing to accept it.

so when other companies see the money that microsoft have been making from Live, i don't doubt that they'll do the same one day.

it starts a trend that shouldn't be happening. you shouldn't have to pay extra to play multiplayer for a game you just dropped $60 on. you never had to in the past, and you shouldn't have to now.

its ridiculous that people allow it to keep happening ...and you let it happen so much, it'll become the norm.

microsoft actually tried to pull that BS on the pc with Live as well when it first launched. they tried to charge a pay to play fee but pc users wouldn't have it, because there's just too many other options out there on the pc to play your multiplayer games. they didn't have to rely on microsoft, and when MS saw that no one would pay, they let it be free as it should have been the whole time.

it was either let it be free or let the whole Games for Windows Live idea sink ...which most people probably wish it did anyway.

Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote