View Single Post
Old
09-14-2011, 01:17 AM
Snipsnap12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97FlyersKing18 View Post
I think that it is the best game yet of NHL, the AI improvements are significant. In NHL 11 Be A GM, I played on Superstar and regularly won between 40 and 45 games at about the 5 seed, and in this one right now I am 5-7-3 through 10 games.

I have only had 2 breakaways so far, while in the past that was a major way that I scored goals. My power-play is also off its last years pace as defenders don't pressure me to open up the one timer at the top of the umbrella and my shots often get tipped wide and over the glass. To me, it seems like a pretty good offensive strategy is to crash the net following a low shot to the outside pad.

However, having Bryzgalov is amazing, as he has been a stonewall for me. Also, JVR is a pure beast with 13 points in my first 10 games where I only scored 28 goals and given up 34. I might have to set the difficulty to all-star to get the team stats where they should be, but I'd imagine the simulator will compensate.
I agree it feels more like "hockey" now instead of always trying to find your niche move and score. There is more random scoring events. Even littles things like weak shots squeaking through the goalies shoulder or pads, which never happened in years past.

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote