Thread: Dive Dive Dive!
View Single Post
Old
09-14-2011, 05:59 AM
Fourier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
The "viable alternative" you speak of isn't that hard to see . Its called buckling down and doing your job instead of taking the easy way out . I don't know how much clearer I can be . I don't feel like taking a shortcut to the SC . I accept the fact that most pro sports teams are mediocre . I accept the fact that only a handful of teams have won the SC since the Oilers last won in 90 . I realize that if we win the SC once every twenty years we are probably doing pretty well . I understand that even with all the picks Tamby has stocked up there are no guarantees that we will become perennial contenders like so many on the board seem to believe . I reject the attempts by you , Joe and Fourier to characterize me as a member of the "win now crowd" because I don't expect to win all the time . In short I'd be much happier if the team finished in the middle of the pack with an honest effort than if we won the SC by going on the dole .
I didn't characterize you in any way. Certainly not as a member of the "win now crowd". In fact, my whole point was that I don't actually think there was a win now strategy.

The team was broken by the deadline in 2009-2010. The room was caustic, players on too many nights didn't seem to give a damn, no one stood up for one another, and more than anything else they were simply not good enough.

Your opinion is obviously different, but I actually found the 2010-2011 Oilers much more enjoyable to watch than recent teams had been. They were in a lot more games, and it actually looked liked they cared on most nights.

Fourier is online now   Reply With Quote