View Single Post
Old
09-14-2011, 03:12 PM
hockeyaddict101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogopogo View Post
You missed my point.

Why the hell would I go on a rant about the Blue Jays as a result of my team having a tough year? Who gives a rats ass if the Blue Jays have won a few more games?

The point is, you and others like you, are Blue Jays fans because of the excessive TV coverage. You have been served up the koolaid all your life and you have taken a big drink. Enjoy being herded like a sheep.

I have no problem with someone being a fan of a distant team. The only issue I am presenting is how so many people are manipulated by CBC, CTV, TSN and SN to be Blue Jays fans. I refuse to be manipulated. Why would I be a fan of some random team 3,000km away? Just because the Toronto media says I should? No thanks. You can keep your team.
Not sure how you would assume that any distant fan of the Blue Jays has been herded.

Not really a baseball fan at all because basically the Yankees and Bosox are either in the playoffs or challenging for it every year. The salary discrepancy in baseball is so ridiculous that I rarely watch baseball.

Should I assume anyone that does is just stupid because the regular season is a waste of time? Book the Yankees or Boston to win the pennant! I haven't followed all year but I am willing to bet that Boston or the Yankees or both are on top. Am I correct?

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote