View Single Post
Old
09-14-2011, 04:56 PM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
About ten games a season. I doubt you guys watch more of the Rangers, so...

In the games I watched, that's how it seemed to me. Besides, the one thing I mentioned about Schenn (going for the unnecessary hits) has been noticeable for all three seasons. If he wants to become a true top pairing shutdown guy, he needs to work on it.
I actually do watch quite a bit of the Rangers. There are certain NHL teams I try to watch as much as I can for various reasons, and I've always liked the Rangers. Anyways, the point here is that your suggestion of Aulie being a better shutdown defenseman, specifically more polished, is just plain off. He has less than half a season under his belt, and while he performed great alongside Phaneuf, he has yet to prove himself for long enough to be considered more polished than Schenn.

Also, I don't see Schenn as taking himself out of the play to make a hit very often. He rarely attempts to lay out an open ice hit, and does most of his work along the boards that can really kill a cycling game and regain possession for the Leafs. Frankly, I just don't really see what you're claiming here.