View Single Post
Old
09-14-2011, 06:39 PM
ruckus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I disagree with nearly your entire post, but this is the real issue I have.

No worries about Staal and his shutdown ability, and Dan Girardi while playing with Staal - but lets face it, hes not a stereotypical first pairing defenseman.

Then you've got two sophomores with a little more than 100 games of NHL experience combined on the 2nd pairing - far from some sort of sure bet.

You dont even really have a third pairing right now since noone knows who thats going to consist of.

With the Richards acquisition, I feel more comfortable about the forwards.

To try to portray the defense as nothing to worry about is categorically wrong.
Girardi IMO is the wild card. You just never know with him. He looks great for stretches and awful for others. If there was anyone to worry about at times I think it's him.

Where people like you and others disagree is on McDonagh and Sauer. I'm someone who's super high on the two, and while I can understand your concerns based purely on the fact they're young, I can't understand it and believe you actually watched the games last year.

Those two play well above their actual game experience. Did they make mistakes at time? Yeah of course. But by and large they played like veterans. And their types of game are suited to not regressing.

To consider those two a question mark is either based on their age/experience entirely or pure skepticism. To watch the game that they played last season and think that there's a greater chance they regress instead of improve is naive.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote