View Single Post
Old
10-24-2003, 03:18 PM
jacklours

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by watercoolant
Just something to ponder about: (Correct me if I'm wrong )

We are always emphasizing on the defensive system, and it is at the transition phase that we capitalize on to create offense. So if we focus even more on the defensive aspect in the 3rd period (to tide up the play), it will replace the transition by simply dumping the puck to the other end and thus apparently it seems that we're being dominated because we cut down on our offensive game... now I'm confused
You're totally right. Every team does that, it's a kinda normal reaction. The kinda game they play works and they dominate the other team by playing somewhat agressive and by taking risks, but then they fear all the sudden they will make mistakes and then stops taking risks, But like you said what happens is that they back-up too much and get dominated. That just pisses me off so bad. I hate when coaches come in the room and say stuff like : we gotta play more defensively cause were leading. My thinking is that it worked so far, keep playing the way you did since you're outplaying the opposing team.

Anyways, these were my thoughts