View Single Post
Old
09-14-2011, 10:54 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanVT395 View Post
Don't like it. Would have rather given Couturier a chance to play >9 games with the big team, or at least wait until camp is over to sign their final roster player... But you know, Holmgren doesn't roll that way.
There is no problem here. We're going to have some guys who, after camp, are going to be expendable and told they have no future in the organization. Bourdon, Marshall, Harper and Legein are candidates to be waived like Lehtivuori was. I don't think their buy outs count against the NHL cap either, but if there is more info on this, I'd be happy to hear it.

Let's face it, if Marshall doesn't look any closer to being at least a call up this year, a change of scenery would do him good. I'm wondering if he has the brains to go with his ego. Bourdon has never been a good enough skater for the NHL, he was never actually a prospect. Legein had promise in Jr. but he's never got it back. If Harper can't crack the Phantoms and is ECHL bound again, he can go too, it ain't happening. Pither will get one more season.

There is nothing to panic about yet. If Homer and Lavy decide Nylander or Mair is making the team, or Couturier deserves his 9 games, there are lots of ways of getting rid of a couple contracts.

Couturier would be better off waiting until next year to sign, so he can get a big bonus too, instead of going the Larsson route.

Let's see who earns a spot on the roster at camp first, the rest will sort itself out.

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote