View Single Post
Old
09-15-2011, 02:37 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 5496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
There's a difference between being a ridiculous spot picker like Bieksa and starting pointless fights up 6 goals. If Teubert had just layed out one of the Canucks and then Polasek challenged him to man-up, then I'd have no problem with it.

I just think he was trying to prove how tough he is, and real tough guys don't need to prove it. Let alone in a runaway game.
Its a prospect tournament. The purpose of which is to evaluate your prospects. The scores in the games dont matter much. Would it have been better if it was a 1-1 tie late in the third? Fights and shenanigans tend to happen when games get out of hand, not when games are close.

Add to that the background that the OP had a deathbed conversion when it comes to the player Teubert was traded for and I think you may be getting warm as to what some of the motivations for this bunk would be.

Also, IIRC the same OP was complaining about missing the game in question because he was unawares due to enjoying the blustery/rainy conditions on Sunday. So he didnt even watch the game on TV. He apparently watched it on his computer from the archives. Dont know about you but it is pretty hard to judge what is going on watching on HD TV in circumstances such as this away from the play, nevermind on a four by four inch window on your laptop.