View Single Post
Old
09-15-2011, 09:07 AM
Canucker
Go Hawks!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
I'll deny that. When Hodgson didn't meet the lofty expectations at training camp, there was a vocal group ready to use Hodgson as trade bait throughout the year despite him not being fully healthy. Some canuck posters even questioned if he would be an NHL player. I have defended Hodgson and his skating in no less than 5 different threads throughout the year. He didn't get a lot of slack. THATS what I'm saying.

Other prospects in this camp like Rodin and connauton haven't gotten a lot of slack either. Each have had their share of criticism despite rodin still recoverying from his shoulder injury. No one is getting a free pass just like rai isnt. But should he and others injured be afforded some leniency? Yes.

Believe it or not, I just agreed with you. I just don't think others in the past and present have been afforded the kind of leniency you are looking for either.
The thing is, in this fanbase there are very vocal elements who take stances on either side of every debate. Some say Hodgson is going to be great, others think not so much. Some love Luongo, some really don't like him. Some think the Sedins are chokers that we shouldn't build around, others think they are perfect for this franchise. For almost every opinion on this board you will find an opposing opinion. It's difficult to find a real consensus. So Hodgson did get slack from a number of people (including myself) and he got no slack from others.

Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote