View Single Post
Old
09-15-2011, 10:32 AM
cska78

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Pretty false. Grachev was a good prospect, but he wasn't anything extraordinary at the time. Considered a late 1st round type prospect. Certainly not an elite one.

Kugryshev absolutely is the type of prospect that needs to stay in Russia longer. Small technically gifted "soft" prospects have a poor track record of success if venturing off to North America too early. Will be interesting to see how Loktionov develops from here. Had significant success in the AHL, but with recent acquisitions is now lower on the depth chart.

Anybody think Dadonov has a chance at this roster? Never really the most hyped prospect in his class, but he's the only one to have made the NHL. Again i really don't think the AHL helped him, but he played very well in his 30 odd games in the NHL. If he can make the roster full time this year, i expect him to develop into a good Offensize player. By the time 2014 rolls around, he'll be 25 so he will have a distinct advantage over some of the younger crowd.

I am sorry, but you opinion is based on NA pov, I am speaking the way we see them here. Grachev was highly touted prospec in Russia, so, may he rest in peace, was Vasyunov.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote