Old
09-15-2011, 11:37 AM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
He deserves no such credit.

He has created the illusion that this team is headed in the right direction by hanging onto the younger players and allowing them to develop - some people have bought it hook line and sinker without the on-ice credentials to back it up as a successful plan.

In 11+ years he's produced teams that have:

-never finished above a 6th seed in the east
-won a grand total of 2 playoff rounds

Thats all you need to know right there.

Does a pessimist like me feel better about this team than years past? Sure. Fact of the matter is we have nothing to judge it against yet.

We only have the last 11 years, and his horrendous track record when it comes to actual results.

I've been watching for too long and am getting too old to feel good about things that cant be tangibly measured.

Mods:

Can we get this specific quote sticky'd & locked on the NYR front page for reflective thought in a few years time?

Not that it's way off base, as it is cetainly an understandable POV to those of us that have been NYR fans for longer than 10,15,20 years. But I think it sums perfectly a defeatest attitude that the boo birds carried around our stomping ground since the 7 year drought and a POV that quite frankly is probably not waranted anymore, although certainly understandable. But would love to be able to say "Told ya so." When this group of kids lights it up over then next few years.

It's different this time becsue development is different than it was 10 years ago or even 5 years ago. These kids today in the OHL/WHL/QMJHL would walk all over half of the 1990's NHL'ers they are so developed at such a young age, mostly due to the NHL All Stars of the 90's who run or own the teams in those league such as the Hunters, Gilmore, Graves, Sutters, etcs as opposed to Lances Harware Emporium.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote