View Single Post
Old
09-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

vCash: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerdiehard View Post
You get like three different versions of the movie. You get the original theatrical cut, the Directors Cut (my fave) and the European cut.

As I am not sure if you knew but the famous Italian filmmaker Dario Argento helped fund the movie to be made. So he had all rights for Europe or most of Europe and rights to edit his own cut of the movie, use his own soundtrack (more Goblin music) and the movie was called Zombi over there in some markets. He cut it differently taking out some of the character stuff and making the action scenes longer as I guess he wanted more of an action movie. All three versions have some different soundtrack stuff going on.

You get different commentary tracks for every version of the movie. So Dawn fanatics like me just love that. You get the awesome Document of The Dead soundtrack which was made back in the day by a college film student Roy Frumkes (who acted, wrote and directed later on some low budget movies like The Substitute 1 thru 3, Street Trash etc...) and he was on the set filming stuff back in the day with college funding. Plus you get a newer documentary about the movie, you get a tour of the Monroeville Mall where the movie was shot with star Ken Foree and a bunch more stuff. It is 4 discs worth.

I do not buy a lot of box sets, but that one is definitely a must have for big fans of that movie.

Talking about this is making me want to go watch it again right now.
Oops, I made a mistake. I just have the special edition, which was basically redone in HD version with a few extras, not the version you have. I have a question though, do you know of any good George A Romero box sets? Wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those.

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote