Thread: Speculation: If Lander and RNH made the team.
View Single Post
Old
09-15-2011, 02:12 PM
JoeCool16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iddmitch View Post
Hall-Horcoff-Eberle
Paajarvi-Gagner-Hemsky
Smyth-RNH-Eager
Jones-Belanger-Lander/Harski

I honestly think that if RNH makes it, he has to be on a line with someone intimidating. Hemsky, Hall, Eberle, Smyth are not scary. However if Eager is on the wing and patrolling the ice to make sure the kid is alright then I think he gets more comfortable and probably settles into the NHL game. Also Eager is no slouch offensively, he has good hands and he and Smytty circling the net with RNH their to distribute the puck might work.
The problem with putting Eager on the line is that he IS a bit of an offensive slouch, and he's not scary either. He's got 34 goals over 323 NHL games and given RNH's tendancy to pass first, I'm not sure you want him flubbing those passes or one-timing them wide.

Smyth on the other hand has some grit as well as actual skill to back it up. A vet like him playing with Hopkins would probably the best thing I could think of for the kid right now, but if you put Eager as the other guy on the line than RNH only has one realistic option to pass to, and much like Hopkins is no Gretzky, Smyth is no Jari Kurri. MPS is bigger than Eager, and has a scoring touch. If Omark doesn't make the team, maybe start a Smyth - RNH - MPS line?

JoeCool16 is offline   Reply With Quote