View Single Post
Old
09-15-2011, 03:16 PM
OverTheCap

vCash: 500
This is probably the most excited I've felt about a Rangers team in a long time. Yet I wouldn't be surprised at all if this team failed to win the cup during the window that the organization and fans believe they will contend.

There's still no elite homegrown forward. Maybe Kreider will be that guy, but I don't want to impose such lofty expectations upon him.

I've been saying for a long time now that an offensive defenseman is an absolute necessity. We haven't had a great puckmoving defenseman since Leetch, so I think some fans are accustomed to not having one and are OK with it. However, when I watch players like Keith and Doughty, I realize what we are missing: a game-changing defenseman who can affect the outcome of the game with one pass or one shot. I thought our team was horrible at moving the puck up the ice last season. Richards will help on the PP for sure, but we still need a defenseman who doesn't handle the puck like a grenade. Hopefully Del Zotto will bounce back and start progressing. But if not, that's a big hole that needs to be filled.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote