View Single Post
Old
09-15-2011, 04:43 PM
biturbo19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Placebo Effect View Post
Right now, IF we signed him, St. Laurent would be behind Lack and ahead of Honzik. Probably behind Cannata too but really hard to say since we know little about Cannata. As you say, our NHL and AHL goalies are set. Maybe he goes back to the Surrey Eagles.

The big issue for any of our tryouts is that we are at 48 contracts. For St. Laurent, his contract wouldn't slide so he counts. Whether or not MG plans on signing anyone I can see him making a couple of minor trades to free up contracts just in case. I believe I remember him mentioning he wants the flexibility.

We really need a way to rid ourselves of Ellington's contract.
pretty much. i think the best hope there is for a sort of deal like throwing Oberg in for Higgins. but Ellington is even more of a stretch as excess baggage than Oberg was as an actual AHL player. it's also hard to see Gillis bringing in another midling sort of player though. not sure how he'd be able to sneak Ellington et al into a deal instead of the waiver-wire dump-offs we saw with guys like O'Brien and Hordichuk last year, but maybe? here's hoping...

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote