Thread: OT: Automobile Questions
View Single Post
Old
09-15-2011, 11:33 PM
coolasprICE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmef8vtec View Post
Im not gonna debate with you on recommended services they offer you cause yes some are stupid, call it a flush (flushing your toilet is draining no???) or transmission oil change(which is what I called it when i worked the counter) $92 is pretty good, u cant flush a honda transmission, a half labor + fluid sounds reasonable to me. At least if your dealing with a reputable dealer they stand behind their repairs, and warranty their repairs, most reputable dealers that dont fix your car right the first time will never charge you to fix the second time if they made a mistake, if you dont feel your dealership as that mentality then your dealing with the wrong place. Ive seen many more horror stories from small garages, canadian tires etc.... then i have seen from dealers, thank god I dont work in dealers anymore.
the oil they gave me i bought at their counter 30$. I'll spend the extra 10-15$ buck on their oil, but to pay $60 for a simple 1 drain,and to call it a flush? I'm going to have a friend do it and we're doing 2 drains.

don't get me wrong, the service at a reputable dealer is comforting.

I get my oil changes from them. My thinking is i'll pay the extra 10-20 for peace of mind. But there's a limit...

For regular stuff like brakes, or ''tranny flush'', alignments etc.. dealers are a waste of money.

Of course, if you're riding a 50K car than you want original parts and dealer work... but for regular, generic cars... i pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmef8vtec View Post
whats your line of work my friend?
i know **** all about cars

but auto repair industry is plagued by dishonest criminals!

there are good ones to be found -- but not everyone is as lucky

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote