View Single Post
Old
09-16-2011, 06:20 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Krypton View Post
I haven't seen an "unofficial" Elitserien stream in years.
They seem to have died out after some, uh, legal issues involving the official broadcaster Canal+.

Canal+ does have an online service for watching the SEL, called C Sports.
Traditionally, it's been restricted to Sweden, but I'm not entirely sure if that's still the case, since they've recently revamped the site (with chase play, fast-forward and rewind functions, and archived games for repeat viewings).

Their FAQ says:
If youre a foreign user you will notice that you are not given access to all of the material posted on this service. We are sorry for this, but itīs due to restricted rights for these programmes. C SPORTS is primarily for users located in Sweden and the service will always consist of a lot of material that is geographically blocked, open for usage within the territory of Sweden only. If you still would like to subscribe to this service you are naturally more than welcome, but you should be aware of these restrictions, happy viewing.

If these restrictions apply to Elitserien, or just the international leagues, I do not know.
It would make sense that the NBA, La Liga and Serie A streams were restricted outside Sweden, since those leagues have different rights holders in different countries.
But the SEL?

You could always send and email to C Sports and ask them.

However, if you don't need to watch the games live, or if you can't afford to pay for the C Sports streams (if they're even available), there are plenty of SEL torrents out there.

CiFNation, 5 Mins for Fighting, The Pirate Bay...
Thank you so much for all this info! I'll look into it...

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote