View Single Post
Old
09-16-2011, 08:50 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
How about this:

This is the first offseason - ever - since Sather joined the organization where he hasn't done a single thing that I disagreed with. The team has a lot of good, young homegrown players that are the result of good drafting (outside of the first round) since the lockout. I am more excited for this team than I have been for any team since the late 90s.

This is a good thing. I applaud the front office for the efforts that got us here. (Mind you, I say the front office, because I think that Gorton and Torts had more to do with it than Slats.) I am happy with the team now and I give kudos for the work done in the offseason and for much of the work done in previous years that have led to this point.

None of this, however, mitigate the mistakes of the past - including mistakes as recently as last year when the team made a stupid first round pick and signed an enforcer to a stupid contract. I am not prepared to say that Sather has done a good job overall and it would require another 3 to 5 years of serious playoff contention before I would be willing to say that he had managed to make up for all the bad he had done in the first half of his career.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote