View Single Post
Old
09-16-2011, 09:52 AM
Hank Chinaski

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdoe42 View Post
Dude its just Lipstick on a Pig... EA has destroyed the Hockey franchise they havent made a good game since 07
From a simulation standpoint, the NHL series was absolute garbage prior to 07. 2K was the only game in town if you wanted even semi-realistic hockey, and I've never liked the feel of their games. The NHL games on the consoles, with the exception of 2004, were just arcade crap. Fun to play with some buddies and drinks, yes, but closer to NHL Hitz than real hockey in terms of gameplay.

07 for X360 was a good first step for the series, but it wasn't until 08 that the series really turned the corner. 08 was probably the most fun I've ever had with a sports game, played that game to death. I'll agree the improvements from year to year have been marginal, but try playing a few games of 12, and then pop in 08. It's almost unplayable.

I could see your point if you're more into casual sports gaming, for sure. But in terms of taking the series in a realistic direction, I have no idea how you could say 07 was the pinnacle. But again, I'm a sim gaming nerd.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote