View Single Post
Old
09-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Any kind of organized hockey = full gear

Messing around outside or at stick and puck = cheap knee and elbow pads (volleyball style), maybe a helmet indoors.

As to your other question, I'm constantly thinking "oh I should get some Sherwood shoulders and lighter pants and more mobile gear" and then I realize that nobody would notice the difference but me and it won't make me any faster. Wearing lighter protective gear that doesn't weigh much to begin with isn't going to suddenly make me better. Hitting the gym for 20 minutes even once a week will make me faster and better. Put down the credit card and back away

The only exception to his rule is if you won't wear the gear otherwise. For instance, I had a pair of Mission shoulder pads when I first started that I hated, really hot and limited my movement. I never wore them and kept getting bruised up. I invested in a pair of newer shoulder pads with better movement and I wore them every time. Why would I wear lighter equipment for pickup than I wear for a game? I want the same protection and would rather practice in my normal gear.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote