View Single Post
Old
09-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
I haven't seen a lot of them in person, but what I have seen was mainly "station" type drills mixed with full-length breakouts.

For example they might do 10 minutes or so where the defensemen work on checking a puck carrier out of the corner at one end, while the forwards work on pass-pass-onetimer on the other end. Then the whole group gets back together and does 2-on-1 up the ice in one direction followed by a 3-on-2 in the other direction, with players rotating in and out such that they go both directions. After about 10-15 minutes, stop for a water break and listen to the coach explain the next drill.

The main focuses are on individual puck skills, positioning/angles, and conditioning... the coaches are both teaching and evaluating at the same time. It's really not that different from a well-organized youth practice, except done at a very high speed and intensity.
Ahh ok, thanks for that. Really helped

And to Logie, Forgot about that BOB camp.. Back in my days no one really cared about it though, my mates were more into the old Anglo Czech camp...

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote