Opening night lineup
View Single Post
09-16-2011, 02:25 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation
Join Date: Oct 2004
Originally Posted by
Booth - Weiss - Versteeg
Fleischmann - Santorelli - Dadonov
Howden - Goc - Upshall
Bergenheim - Timmins - Kopecky
Skille or Bradley
Campbell - Kulikov
Jovanovski - Gudbranson
Weaver - Garrison
- Quinton Howden is going to make this team. There is no reason to send him back to junior. He is NHL ready and will make an impact this season.
- Scott Timmins wins out the 4th line center job over Ryan Carter, Tim Kennedy, and Shawn Matthias. The Panthers brass is high on him, and he played well in his call up last season.
- Don't sleep on Jacob Markstrom. He's already passed his first test in rookie camp. If he shows he's ready in the upcoming preseason games, the Panthers could be stuck with three goalies on the roster.
- Gudbranson is on the team. I think we all knew that already.
- Shawn Matthias, Ryan Carter, and Tim Kennedy will all be sent to San Antonio. It's just a numbers thing.
- There are three forward spots up for grab. There are 10 locks at forward: Booth, Weiss, Versteeg, Fleischmann, Goc, Santorelli, Upshall, Kopecky, Bergenheim, and Howden (yes, he's a lock). One of Skille, Bradley, Timmins, or Dadonov will not make this team. I believe Skille is the odd man out.
- Howden is unlikely to make this team. An underwhelming showing at the rookie event will mean he literally has to be brilliant at training camp. He's 19 and there will be better prospects league wide who don't make the show this year than Howden. He should go back to the WHL ; where he certainly has more to learn and develop.
- Even if Markstrom is awesome in camp, the AHL is the logical place to put him. We have two goalies signed and Theo wasn't signed not to play. You don't put a 21 year old Goalie on the bench, and considering he has unfinished business in the AHL combined with vet competiton, making the NHL for any significant amount of time this year isn't going to happen. The only way it is possible is if Markstrom dominates to a degree where you think he's already a legit #1 in the NHL. But he isn't yet, and developing Goalie prospects is about patience and letting them play. In this case, the AHL is the place.
Skille will make the team. One thing im not particuarly enthused about with Tallon is his preference for his old boys. Of course many people will run with this preference, but i don't think it's particularly great management, and alot of his "old boys" really aren't very good.
J17 Vs Proclamation
View Public Profile
J17 Vs Proclamation's albums
Find More Posts by J17 Vs Proclamation