View Single Post
Old
09-16-2011, 03:17 PM
guyzeur

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillaege View Post
Im a bit late to the party, but I'll throw in my 2 cents:

-what impressed me most about Zibanejad was that he was a hound on the puck. To me, that speaks not only to his tenacity, but also his anticipation, which is a great attribute to have. It makes him seem faster than he really is (not that he's lacking in footspeed to begin with)

-He showed great vision, and in my mind, that's going to have to be his bread and butter if he ever develops into a top line scoring threat. He didn't overwhelm me with much in the way of scoring prowess, he doesn't have a lightning release, or incredible velocity on his shot. He's also not content to try and find open shooting lanes, his primary concern is to have the puck on his stick. Those skills are the hallmark of top flight goal scorers (30+). His willingness to drive the net, and above average shooting ability will make him a consistent 20-25 goal scorer IMO, but I don't see him having much goal scoring potential beyond that.

-At the moment I can't think of any glaring weaknesses to his game. I see his upside as being a ~25 goal, 70-80 point centre, who excels both on the cycle and in transition, and can play in any situation. He'll absolutely be a physical force, as he not only has a very large frame, but a willingness to use it. I'm gonna go against the grain here and suggest Ryan Getzlaf as a stylistic comparison of his upside.
totally in agreement with this post, except for "Great vision" ... does he have a 20/20 eye sight?

Just kidding, I prefer to use the word awareness which imply vision without the puck as well.

You know, he will always do the right play at the right time. His plus/minus should be way up there.

I will throw a name in the bucket Mike Modano