View Single Post
Old
09-16-2011, 03:49 PM
luby3131

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I wouldn't be so sure about Howden.

They seem to be high on Timmins but doesn't he get sent down to San Antonio without having to worry about clearing waivers? They'll definitely consider that before they risk losing a guy like Matthias.

Skille is Tallon's boy. Doubt he'll be odd man out.
Matthias is on a 2 way deal for this current season, so he's not subject to waivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
- Howden is unlikely to make this team. An underwhelming showing at the rookie event will mean he literally has to be brilliant at training camp. He's 19 and there will be better prospects league wide who don't make the show this year than Howden. He should go back to the WHL ; where he certainly has more to learn and develop.

- Even if Markstrom is awesome in camp, the AHL is the logical place to put him. We have two goalies signed and Theo wasn't signed not to play. You don't put a 21 year old Goalie on the bench, and considering he has unfinished business in the AHL combined with vet competiton, making the NHL for any significant amount of time this year isn't going to happen. The only way it is possible is if Markstrom dominates to a degree where you think he's already a legit #1 in the NHL. But he isn't yet, and developing Goalie prospects is about patience and letting them play. In this case, the AHL is the place.

Skille will make the team. One thing im not particuarly enthused about with Tallon is his preference for his old boys. Of course many people will run with this preference, but i don't think it's particularly great management, and alot of his "old boys" really aren't very good.
Remember, this is the opening night thread. I believe if worst comes to worst, Howden is sent back to junior after a 9 game stint. I wouldn't call his performance "underwhelming" at the rookie camp. He just didn't score. Howden does so many other thinks well, especially away from the puck. I'm telling you guys he's on the team.

Markstrom is a question mark. He most likely starts the season in the AHL, but there is that chance the Panthers keep him up and give him a chance early. San Antonio will be fine without him. Brian Foster needs to get some playing time at the AHL level anyway, but let's just see how he does in the pre-season before we place him on a team.

Skille is in a battle for a job. That's all I'm saying.

luby3131 is offline   Reply With Quote