Thread: Kings News: Kings Camp Groups/Roster
View Single Post
Old
09-16-2011, 09:01 PM
Alternate Jersey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Based on that, might Murray be looking at lines that look something like this?

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Brown
Clifford-Stoll-Parse
Richardson-Lewis-Westgarth
Moreau-Loktionov-Hunter/Kozun

Mitchell-Doughty (Muzzin?)
Scuderi-Johnson
Martinez-Greene
Drewiske-Voynov

Quick
Bernier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I assume Voynov, Hickey and Muzzin will battle for Doughty's spot and as you said 44DD is penciled in as the #7 d-man. The dropoff from Doughty to these three guys is just so gigantic it's scary to even think.
i may be missing something, but i haven't been able to understand this line of thinking in the doughty contract threads. why would one of voynov, hickey, or muzzin take doughty's spot, as opposed to johnson? i may only think this because of the way players are rated on video games, where you want the higher rated players in the higher profile positions, and therefore move up the next best player when one gets hurt. but i also remember (perhaps incorrectly) that johnson moved up when doughty was injured. i could just be thinking of the fact that it's generally accepted that he de facto took up the slack left by doughty's absence, whether literally in his position on the top pairing or not. but, hypothetically, why wouldn't the non-doughty pairings look something like this:

mitchell-johnson
scuderi-martinez
voynov/muzzin/hickey-greene
drewiske

that way, hypothetically, you have an OFD and a DFD on each pairing (at least, i think; i'm calling martinez an OFD for the sake of this argument, and i don't know too much about the play styles of voynov/muzzin/hickey). clarification as to why the pairings aren't done this way is more than welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I think Richardson- Lewis- Westgarth is a pretty solid 4th line, assuming Westy plays like he did in the second half and playoffs and cuts down on the dumb penalties.
i would really have to agree here. i for one think westgarth has a decent amount of potential in him, at least to the point that people won't wince when he gets put into the lineup. i think he gets a little psyched out in games and doesn't really know what to do with the puck when he gets it. but like you said, his performance in the playoffs wasn't too bad at all.

Alternate Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote