Old
09-17-2011, 01:17 AM
Bruwinz37

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krax View Post
Bruwinz37,
Thanks for the input.
No, no worries with the coaching, also much support without pressure. No signs of burnout. He's an underager and he'll do anything the coach ask him for, highly motivated, always asking for more. He's having a hell of a good time.

My worries are more on the long term run. I do not see any medical adviser having a look at those kids. What about mental fatigue? Those kids still go to school. I have seen too many talents quit at age 15-17. Just because they had enough of it. I'd like to avoid that.

Basically, I just asked for a comparison. How does a weekly hockey program look like for a 12-14 y/o who plays at the highest possible level?
IMO if you are worried about the long term run you have to watch what he does in the summer. Dont camp him to death and jump at every tournament that comes your way. Let him be a kid, refresh and maybe do some skating as the season gets closer. During the season, however, you are going to want him skating what he does now if you want to keep him up at the elite level. Dont overdue it in the offseason. Just my opinion.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote