Thread: Is it to late?
View Single Post
Old
10-11-2005, 07:33 PM
Qui Gon Dave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop The Gloves
How much would you say hockey equipment would cost you? I'm talking the cheapest stuff for beginners and such. I've been looking online but I have no clue what I'm looking at really.

Thanks again for the feedback, I'll be sure to let you guys in on my progress. Just from hearing your stories I am more self confident about playing hockey. I'm not planning on being pro or anything near that. I just want to play for fun.
Glad to hear you are getting started, i'd love to play ice hockey, but i dont think there are any rinks nearby doing pickup games so i will stick to roller for the time being. Take your time and enjoy even little acheivement. Its all good.

As far as equipment is concerned, are there any hockey stores near you? If so, go there first, so you can get an idea of what prices everything has but more importantly, find out what size equipment will be best for you. Once you have an idea of what sizes you need for all the gear, you can look for cheap stuff in sales and 2nd hand stuff (ebay is good for cheap stuff). Price wise, i think when i started playing roller, i already had some skates but i needed every other piece of kit. It ended up costing about 170 all brand new in the end, nothing was too expensive on its own, but i managed to get helmet+cage, shoulders, gloves, elbows, shorts, shins, socks, stick and a kit bag for that.

Bearing in mind prices are cheaper in north america, i think you should be ok. And if you dont start playing hockey right away, starting with your skating first, then it will give you a chance to save up and either buy it all in one go later or get it a few pieces at a time.

Good luck with your development, i hope you have a great time

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote