View Single Post
Old
10-24-2003, 06:55 PM
Gary

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary
you're 1000% correct sir. if you're not permitted to 'interfere' with a line of knuble-thornton-murray...well let's just say the results are and were obvious. if talent were allowed to roam freely, and hacking/slashing/tripping/holding/etc were called ALL THE TIME...we'd again be one of if not the best in the league-even during a 82 game schedule IMO. i mean honestly...i was thinking the other day...how many times do you hear commentators say "the first goal is of UTMOST IMPORTANCE" and back it up with statistics like "the leafs are only 2-23-5 after the opponent scores first". holy $#@@...we're what? 3-1-1 or something when the opponent strikes first?? this team is OOZING with talent-but defensive oppositions hold us at bay pretty easily because we lack alot of high end speed upfront. yes-murray/thornton/knuble are fast FOR BIG GUYS...but they're not anywhere close to kovalchuk/heatley/mceachern for example
. p.s. i REALLY hope zino/sammy click together. it'd be the best thing that happen for us. we'd have TWO trapbreakers alongside one another and have ALOT better chance against trapping teams. another idea i thought of was (is sammy cant find decent linemates)-play sammy with joe/murray for trap teams and feed sammy the puck in the neutral zone.