09-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Torts interview by Andrew Gross

Torts on Zuccarello:

"Mats Zuccarello, too, is looking for a permanent spot on the team after the Norwegian split his first season in North American between the Rangers and Connecticut (AHL).

“I thought it was a tremendous year for him and I liked the way he handled himself, coming over here and playing in the big rinks,” Tortorella said. “Really I thought he was a little bit overwhelmed early on. He knew. He didn’t put up a fight. He self-assessed the proper way and went down. Really he had an impact as far as us getting in (the playoffs) in some of the things he did, especially the shootout. The second year comes along, he understands us better, we understand him better and you’re always looking for consistency. He knows where he’s at. He knows where he’s fighting to get a job and he knows he’s in a fight.”
Don't tell Tort that the rinks are even bigger in Europe. Inspirational for Zuccarello though. As (another) Norwegian I would like to thank the welcoming of Norwegians to express or admiration for him. I don't want him to succeed JUST because he is Norwegian like another guy said he did, but mainly because he is a very very sympathetic guy, and a very entertaining hockey player. Many Norwegian athletes I couldn't care less what happend to, including some hockey pros, but he is special.

And I am pretty sure he will succeed, and hope it will be with Rangers.

Ilovemymum is offline   Reply With Quote