Thread: Slovakia: Tipsport Extraliga 2011/2012
View Single Post
Old
09-18-2011, 01:22 PM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
Quite a dominant performance today from Zigo Palffy. But in a way that is a little disturbing. I noticed his deterioration in the Olympics, granted that was best on best in the world and he still wasn't absolutely lost - he set up some nice plays. But then he skipped an entire year, and is back in the Extraliga at age 39 kicking ass. This to me reflects negatively on the quality of our league.
The league sucks and it´s old news already. But I don´t think it´s right to evaluate players just based on the Olympics, IMO even many top KHL players didn´t perform that well at that level. The year he didn´t play is a different matter, but I think I remember that in his first game during the pre season he got a bunch of points against a Czech Extraliga team, so maybe it´s not just about the league, but also about him as a player. And if Pálffy bothers you, what do you have to say about Ján Pardavý still kicking ass in Trenčín? Pálffy´s dominance I can live with, performances such as from Dzubina and MHC Mountfield today I´m not so sure.

ROUND 2 RESULTS
Poprad- Skalica 5-6
Trenčín- Martin 7-0
Nitra- Banská Bystrica 1-2
Zvolen-Košice 1-3
Bratislava- Žilina 2-0

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote