View Single Post
Old
09-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickassguy View Post
Agreed with this point. Legace seems like a natural candidate to slide in for a year while waiting on Lack, if Schneids is gone.
I would venture a guess Eddie Lack is twice the goalie Legace is right now. If Schneider is dealt the only role I could see Legace in is seat-filler in case of injury with Lack called up to spell Luongo while also being the starter in Chicago. Legace isn't NHL calibre and IMO Eddie Lack very well could be. Though if Schneider is dealt I would look for a guy like Labarbera coming back...

I also wouldn't be surprised if Turris is on the verge of being an impact player right now. He hasn't been given an opportunity yet under Tippett and would be a much better candidate than Hodgson to centre the 2nd line in Kesler's absence. Turris' point production in relation to his minutes was nothing to scoff at...

Doan would be the obvious target but if for whatever reason he's unavailable I wouldn't balk at the opportunity to add a talent like Turris to the organization. There's just too much potential there to pass on and holding onto Schneider beyond this season just can't be an option for Gillis.

Drop the Sopel is online now   Reply With Quote