View Single Post
Old
09-18-2011, 06:52 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
I was impressed with his compete level, his skating, and his overall skill. But as far as playing the game, I wasn't impressed. He's not a good hockey player, yet. Poor decisions with the puck at times, poor positioning, lost defensively, physically weak. Lots of bad habits he's able to get away with in Junior that he wont be able to at the Pro level. Such as turning his back to the play along the boards, its dangerous. And instead of using his speed to go to the outside around defenders, he chips it passed them but theyre playing his chest not the puck, he wont get the interference call everytime. Luckily for him, he can spend a year at the Junior level improving his overall game before he can turn Pro.

Erixon i was very impressed with. He's a true hockey player. Smart at both ends of the rink, head is always up, positionally and fundamentally sound, good stick, good decision making, calm under pressure. He's the real deal.

(I hope Tim takes #20 like his dad)

Bourque was very good, but im still concerned about his size and durability at the Pro level.

And Hagelin looked like he could be a fine defensive forward. Someone that could step in and contribute without being a liability. He has high end speed. His hands aren't great, though. But he is strong, and looks polished enough to play NHL hockey.

From the sound of it, though, only Erixon is impressive in camp, out of the Traverse City guys. I was hoping at least one forward would make a case for himself. Still plenty of time for them to do that.

Valentenko must be licking his chops at the fact Sauer is unable to play yet. His only shot at an NHL spot is if someone plays themself out of a spot (Del Zotto/Eminger) or someone gets hurt.
There is the chance that Valentenko sneaks onto the roster this year in Sauer-esque fashion as the guy that needs to be waived (I believe he has to be waived?) starts as the 7th and eventually wins a spot. Can you imagine if we had waived and lost Sauer last year? Before camp nyr2k2 and I were pretty much the only ones saying he could be of use, and all of a sudden he is a top 4 guy here.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote