View Single Post
Old
09-18-2011, 08:20 PM
GLG12xx12
Go Leafs Go!!!!

vCash: 500
Well the Lancers beat Lincoln 3-2 in the shootout. Jimmy Murry got our 1st goal in the shootout with a pin point bottem corner wrist shot. Alex Lyons played for 30min. and gave up 1 goal and then played the shootout and did decent. He had some good saves, but also had 3 go over his shoulder and hit the crossbar. He did great in the shootout. He stayed with the Lincoln shooters and even made 2 nice poke checks while the shooters were trying to be fancy. I am not yet satisfied with Alex Lyons though because of the 3 shots that went over his shoulder and hit the crossbar.

the Lancers as a team played great. You could tell that they wanted to be there and that they had the drive to win. It was a very fast paced game throughout the whole 60mins. They did good with their passing and winning battles for the puck, something that the previous years teams haven't been good at. Most all of the Lancers players have lots of speed and out rushed Lincoln to the puck. I would say the only thing they need to work on is execution because they had a couple open net shots that went wide because they tried to hammer it home instead of directing it in the net. They even had the execution problem down in Kearny Friday night from what I heard from people that went down there. They said they missed about 5 open nets because of them trying to hammer it in. Overall though I am very satsified with the way this team is playing and I think we could very well be a serious threat

GLG12xx12 is offline   Reply With Quote