View Single Post
Old
09-19-2011, 09:56 AM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
It seems to be me like no one ever accuses North American players of "lacking heart". When Palushaj was a disappointment at rookie camp, nobody brought up his heart.

The fact that Avtsin was willing to leave home as a teenager and come to a place like Hamilton where he knew nobody, didn't speak the languange, and didn't have a single teammate who spoke his language says plenty to me about his dedication.
This. I'm tired of these hags making stupid comments like this founded on bias against Euros. It's sad and pathetic that in this day in age people still do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro Seren Rosso View Post
Struggling to produce? He was playing on the fourth line! And even while playing on the fourth line for probably less than 10 minutes a night he managed to score about 0.33 pts/game, I'd hardly call this "couldn't produce".
On top of playing with a nagging injury... on top of adapting to a smaller ice surface... on top of being very young for the AHL.

This is why I think people calling him a bust or saying he lacks heart are extremely premature.

In NHL 12 I did a rebuild just for fun in GM mode even though we're in win now. Low and behold the guy who has impressed the most and developed the most by the start of my 2013-14 season is Avtsin already being a huge part of my 2nd lines success! Now obviously this is just a video game but premonition?

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote