View Single Post
Old
09-19-2011, 02:55 PM
JetsIce*

vCash: 500
Opening Night vs MTL --spoilers/secrets/surprises

If you don't want to know who and what will occur on opening night. Don't read this. However i'm sure in one way it will be leaked in the media. Then again, might not.

I have been given strong word that on opening night the show starts around 4pm with the game not starting until approx 5:30. The ceromony will be televised live on CBC, CBC newsworld and on CBC radio(winnipeg only)

The ceromony will last approx 1 hr they will allow the players to do a quick warm-up and then puck drop as of now scheduled for 5:30

--------------------------------------------------------------

I do not know the entire surprise but there is a rumored opening act during the ceromony ## Eddie Van Halen is the name I have heard that TNSE contacted and will be in attendance to perform 'Jump'

- TNSE will unveil a surprise to honor Jets 1.0 - I got word from a strong source that all Jets jerseys including honoring Dale Hawerchuk will occur on opening night.

- The Avco Cup will make an appearance with Bobby Hull, Hedberg, Nielson, Daley. They all have confirmed to attend.

- Scott Oake of CBC has been offered MC duties.

- TNSE has not decided as of now if they will sponsor 'white out' but that doesn't mean local t.v/radio won't push hard for it. The cost to find sponsors (pom poms) though i'm sure is not hard, it is not at the top of their list.

- It has been planned for about a month that the Stanley Cup is to be in attendance for the Forks party and at opening night.

- I have been told that beginning next week TNSE will be setting up player introductions for the season(music-lighting,etc) so preseason games will not have full intro effects.