View Single Post
Old
09-19-2011, 04:10 PM
caley

vCash: 500
Rangers Looking for Defencemen.

Lots of speculation the Rangers are in the market for a defenceman.

per Steve Zipay
Quote:
Torts says Rangers were looking for more D even before Staal's woes
54 minutes ago
Then, per Andrew Gross
Quote:
What’s not getting ahead of the situation is the Rangers’ active search to add to their defense corps by bringing in a veteran. Tortorella said for the second straight day the team was always looking to improve itself and, when asked today, said it’s not too late to bring in a veteran on a tryout. Ex-Rangers Bryan McCabe and Paul Mara are looking for jobs but those two are not likely to be names that excite Tortorella. The Rangers could wait until a little closer to the regular season to wait and see which veterans are in danger of losing their jobs with their current team.

“Even prior to this with Marc being up and down, we’re looking,” Tortorella said.
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/

I wonder if the Rangers will make an offer to Colorado or Buffalo.

Colorado has
-Erik Johnson
-Jan Hejda
-Ryan O'Byrne
-Shane O'Brien
-Ryan Wilson
-Matt Hunwick
-Kyle Cumiskey
-Kyle Quincey
-Jonas Holos

Along with prospects like
-Stefan Elliott
-Tyson Barrie
-Cameron Gaunce

and there's a lot of talk out of camp that Duncan Siemens looks ready for the NHL and might force his way into the Avalance lineup. Siemens is a physical, stay-at-home d-man which could make O'Byrne or Wilson available, but it seems like the Rangers might have more interest in a puck-mover with a reasonable salary like Kyle Cumiskey.

As for Buffalo, they have
-Christian Ehrhoff
-Tyler Myers
-Jordan Leopold
-Robyn Regehr
-Andrej Sekera
-Mike Weber
-Shaone Morrisonn
-Marc-Andre Gragnani

There's also lots of speculation that Sean Avery and Erik Christensen are on their way out of NYC, either to the minors or elsewhere. I wonder if a deal around Erik Christensen to Buffalo could work. I know Jochen Hecht is likely being moved to center with the Sabres, but that still leaves them a little thin at center.

Thoughts?

caley is offline   Reply With Quote