View Single Post
Old
09-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Stickmata

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffaw View Post
Never seen a player bleeding from the face with a cage. I've seen it 3 times now in the past 6 months with guys that wear half shields. One was the skate to the face and two others were deflections and pucks to the mouth.

It's your face, eyes, teeth, etc. If your an adult and take that trade-off that's your choice. I just could not imagine how I would feel losing an eye or 3 or 4 teeth in a pickup or mens league game that means nothing so I could have "better vision" and having to live with that the rest of my life. That's just me and I'm not saying your wrong.

If players at the NCAA D1 level can play with a full cage I don't see why everyone can't. All about choices though. Do I run that yellow light or don't I. Get a ride home from a friend who's had a few drinks or not. Choices with potential life altering consequences.
I wear one of the larger half shields and I wear it very close to my face so there is no way a stick can get up to my eyes. If you wear a shield right, there is no way you're gonna get an eye injury. Guys who wear it tilted up (which makes no sense to me) or who keep it adjusted way off their face, expose their eyes. I figure I'm risking my jaw and a few chicklets. And like I said, I've learned to turn my head.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote