View Single Post
Old
09-19-2011, 11:41 PM
CuriouslyStrong

vCash: 500
How did Wellwood look? I'm wondering how quickly he's recovering from that apendectomy/when he'll start playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsFuel View Post
Was at the MTS Centre Sunday. I've been doing some work inside the MTS Centre for the start of the season and had a chance to watch most of the practice.

NOTES:

- Dustin Byfuglien doesn't look that big on the ice. Which was surprising. I thought he would stand out.

- Ron Hainsey/Tobias Enstrom - Not knowing the names/#'s I thought #6 was Enstrom thinking he was a smooth skater that played the puck well. Well I was wrong. Surprising it was Ron Hainsey and he looked to be the best defensemen in all 3 practices. I was hearing all off season that he is a bit overrated and I just can't believe he doesn't produce more points. He is basically everything Oleg Tverdovsky was soppose to be for the Jets 1.0 - He is an incredible skater. And make an amazing pass for a goal. And is basically everywhere in our own end. He should be on our top pairing.

- Evander Kane. Strong skater, very, very hard working player. I can see what people are saying that he needs to shoot more. Cause it is one the first things you notice is that he never shoots.

- Chris Mason #1 goalie? Easily top goalie in all practices. In drills he was sharp.

- Andrew Ladd. Not much to say about him. He basically went throughout the entire practice just going through the motions. Didn't stand out in any way.

- Nik Antropov. He is going to be a load in the middle. Very noticing in practice and in drills he can really move well in front of the net. I see tons of tip or rebounding goals for him.

- Bryan Little. Fast and hard working. In drills his skills really came out. Fun to watch.

Also some notes around the MTS Centre. The first thing people will notice is the new floor. No more cement floor. It's like a marble plastered layering. Looks like.

The LED Ribbon says WELCOME TO THE HOME OF YOUR WINNIPEG JETS and during the game the clock will have a floating Jets logo.

I also noticed on Saturday when I was there that there are some cool Jets logos on every door at the MTS Centre. Looks classy.

Other than that. I also noticed that beer is $7.50. Not sure if it was from the old Moose pricing or that has been changed.

I also noticed that there were some men puting up some gigantic Jets Banners. Looked amazing with the lighting behind.

There is still some Moose signs in around the arena. Jets Gear store, washrooms, some advertising,etc. Hope they get rid of them soon.

CuriouslyStrong is offline   Reply With Quote