View Single Post
Old
09-20-2011, 11:47 AM
Nuck This

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbello View Post
I had a random thought before falling asleep last night. Malhotra was drafted what 7th overall by the Rangers, fans and media thought he would develop into their number 1 or 2 centre. He had won everything in the OHL. I think John Mukler was his coach and he was being criticized by the media because in Malhotra's second year he was benched or played on the lower lines, and I believe Mukler then said something like Malhotra's not a top 6 player but a 3rd liner, a very good 3rd liner. Anyways and now we see and appreciate Malhotra for what he is, not a top end scorer like New York expected but a smart hockey player, good leader and a great face off man.
I'm wondering if we're doing the same thing with Cody Hodgson. Sometimes our expectations (which could very well be unrealistic) can cloud our judgment and we can miss the value of Cody for who he really is. I think non of us can doubt his hard work? His drive? His willingness to win? He has should that all through his OHL career and the especially this past summer. My expectation is that Cody will be a smart player and work hard to always improve! I want to be able to appreciate what Cody brings, not what I imagine him to bring! Anyways gotta get ready for work!
Hodgsons skill level is a lot higher than what Malhotras was. Hodgson is closer to a first line center than he is a third liner(At the end of his development)

Nuck This is offline   Reply With Quote