View Single Post
Old
10-25-2003, 06:04 AM
sagginb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary
i could see that being a possiblity. the coach looks to see if he can have 3 guys out there he can trust and even though bergeron is a rookie and so young, sullivan has shown a great amount of confidence in him. he's played in almost every scenario already. PP/PK/key icetime at the end of a game/offensive-defensive zone draws with the clock winding down in a tight game. for this to happen-all sully needs is the same confidence in zino.
Another nice point on this line would be both Zinovjev and Bergeron are both able to play center and Bergeron is a righty and Zinovjev a lefty thus options on faceoff setups.

So far I like the playmaker side of Bergeron's game on that Rolston/Axelsson line.
I think they should try Zinovjev with Samsonov...with either say Lapointe or McCarthy as wingers.
I don't know if I like Green between Sammy and Zinovjev either.
At the same time Green is a real good faceoff guy and we will need him so to slide him into a 4th line role wouldn't be a great move so soon.

I say this so far...
Thornton and Knuble work together...
Samsonov and Zinovjev should be given a real chance to work...
Axelsson/Rolston/Bergeron works well...
and I think the physical style of Green would work great with Lapointe...
so IMO that is the makeup of 4 lines....don't number them 1-4...just have 4 lines.
I think Murray will ride out on the top line with Thornton/Knuble...

So I say build 4 lines...not in any numbered order!

Axelsson/Rolston/Bergeron
Zamuner/Green/Lapointe
Knuble/Thornton/Murray
Samsonov/Zinovjev/McCarthy
...with Donato and Grosek as scratched

Some might say why put Zinovjev at center with McCarthy on wing?
Well it's really for balance...I think a line of Zamuner/Green/Lapointe wouldn't score alot but could be used as a good checking line against tougher top lines...and at the same time give us 3 other options that are able to score goals.
I could see a swap of McCarthy and Lapointe as well.
All this end up to me is that Sullivan has many options as line combo's...some depth we haven't had in a few years.