View Single Post
Old
09-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Fulcrum

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBarmada View Post
That's a good question, I'm trying out for A, got moved up. And I don't have the best shot( my stick sucks) so I wonder can your skating save you ?
You mean if we were to give your stick to Ovechkin he wouldn't be able to shoot? I bet he could shoot nicely with a stick from the 70's, and yours must be better than that. Sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine when players blame their poor play on equipment, except for maybe the wrong skates. And even then- it's arguable. I would disagree with your mentality, and some coaches would even cut players for that.

To the Op:
It's simple.
-Average skating (keeping up and competing with your level) - you should be fine;
-below average skating (not keeping up and loosing fair races to the puck)- you better be GOOD at something else to compensate,
-terrible skating - it doesn't sound like that's the case for you, but if you have hard time reacting to simple passes and you're stumbling and loosing balance when carrying the puck- coaches usually catch on very quickly, even at A and send you packing, no matter how good your shot or passing are

Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote