View Single Post
Old
09-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Forever Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Slauson, on his own, doesn't terrify me in pass coverage. It's more of a concern about the communication of assignments between Baxter and the guards. Slauson is serviceable and Baxter seemed to be okay in terms of ability. I'm just afraid that there are going to be a ton of blown assignments.

Hunter, though, ****ing sucks.
I re-watched the Jets/Jags game, and I was shocked to see the Jags didn't adjust their scheme at all when Baxter replaced Mangold. They were running the same exact defense, Baxter wasn't getting challenged at all. It's amazing how Del Rio still has a job. The one time they did challenge him on the goalline, he got knocked on his ass in about two seconds. Baxter's strength out of college was in open space. That's where he can be effective.

Hunter has been an absolute trainwreck these first two games, but he was very solid last year filling in for Woody. I'm hoping the real Hunter is somewhere in the middle, and we see that soon, but I'm not optimistic.

I'm expecting a lot of stretch runs, rollouts, and screens in the gameplan this week.